7. Pier delivery vs. Linehualing:
whether we arrange for the packaging or you arrange for the packaging of the freight, the freight still has to be delivered to the CFS terminal for export.
8. When your freight is received at the CFS terminal it is carefully inspected, weighed and measured for an accurate CUFT./LBS. total. There is no problem in having more or less than what we originally quoted you, your rate will be prorated accordingly to the online rate grids.
9. Gross vs. the Net: There is a slight expansion factor with these services usually 5% to 10% w/palletization and 10% to 20% with liftvanning/crating. This expansion factor is known as the gross while your loose packed goods is known as the net, you will be charged and billed by the gross. Eg. if you have 100cuft. of personal effects the gross after palletization will be 110cuft. and if you have 100cuft. of household goods in a liftvan/crate you will be looking at a gross of 120cuft.
10. JUST REMEMBER "NOTHING RAW WILL BE ACCEPTED AT A CFS TERMINAL NOR WILL IT BE SHIPPED OUT".
11. Full destination services include the following: all terminal handling charges, custom clearance, inland trucking to your door, and at your door unloading, unpacking, setting up, and the discarding of all debris. You will notice that our Sefco/Eurodelivery service provides these services in the shipping rates that are quoted on our website. The Sefco/Shipco rate grids don't provide these services. These services can be arranged by our Sefco/affiliate for that country but we will need your exact overseas contact address to verify these additional costs. A partial listing of some of the agents we work with are shown here: www.sefco-export.com/agents.htm.
12. Shipper has the option of self clearing by contacting the Consulate of the country they are shipping to and asking them to send the proper paper work, fill them out and submit at no charge for self clearance, or the shipper can go directly to the port/terminal and self clear for free or for a small fee.
13. Duties- generally there are no duties on used personal effects that are older than 1 year old, but with shippers returning to their home country or shippers who have purchased brand new personal effects like appliances, the duties can vary in amount, and from item to item. Please check with the Consulate of the country you are shipping to. Please go to www.embassy.org.
14. Paperwork: We will need a detailed packing inventory list on what you are planning to ship overseas. This list will be used for Customs, insurance purposes and for Sefco records. In addition we require you send us a copy of your passport photo and all shippers must take the time to download and fill out our quote contract form shown here.
15. Payment: With regards to payment for all LCL shipments can either be prepaid or we require a $500.00 deposit which will be credited towards the final balance owed. Balance must be paid before freight leaves port, there are no exceptions.
For more information, please go to www.sefco-export.com/payment.htm.
16. All rates are subject to confirmation, and to the normal terms and conditions by Sefco.
For further details, please go towww.sefco-export.com/terms.htm.
17. Even though your LCL shipment may be small there is a lot of time and effort that goes into an overseas move and at times you may not have thought of the following: www.sefco-export.com/moving.htm.
18. We have shipped thousands of happy, satisfied customers. If you have any doubts about us, please go to our reference page and see what our satisfied customers have to say: www.sefco-export.com/references.htm.
19. Expat services-Sefco has created a compendium of online recourses that touch on a wide variety of issues that effect expat life. Please go to: www.sefco-export.com/expat.htm.
20. Whether you are just starting out or are being transferred by an international corp. please let Sefco's online business section help your company grow. Please go to: www.sefco-export.com/business.htm. In conclusion I like to thank you for taking the time to read this message and for inquiring into our shipping services. We look forward to hearing from you and to shipping your freight!
21. For LCL Shipping advice, please go:
22. For LCL packing and loading tips, please go:
23. Learn more: About Volume
Sefco Export Management Company, Inc.